RECOMMENDATION VISA Requirements
- For most citizenships, a Visa is required to enter Algeria.
- Please inquire about this matter by contacting your local Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Algerian Consulate/Embassy in your country.
- To find out more about traveling to Algeria: to prepare your stay in Algeria, visit Algeria’s official website.
- Sétif (Arabic: سطيف, Kabyle: Sṭif) is an Algerian city and the capital of the Sétif Province. It is one of the most important cities of eastern Algeria and the country as a whole since it is considered the trade capital of the country. It is an inner-city, situated on the eastern side of Algeria, at 270 kilometers east of Algiers, at 131 km west of Constantine, in the Hautes Plaines region south of Kabylie.
Arrival to Airports
Arrival to 8 Mai 1945 International Airport of SETIF:
- The University of Ferhat Abbas Setif 1 is located about 8 km from the 8 Mai 1945 International Airport
Arrival to HOUARI BOUMÉDIÈNE International Airport:
- Sogral SPA operates a bus from Algiers to Sétif every 30 minutes. Tickets cost $3 – $5 and the journey takes 5h.
- Alternatively, Algeria National Rail operates a train from Agha to Setif twice daily. Tickets cost $6 – $10 and the journey takes 4h 14m.
- The organizing committee can contact the company in order to arrange trips for groups. Contact us by email at email@example.com
The local currency is the Algerian Dinar:
- The local currency is the Algerian dinar (DZD/AD), which is made up of 100 centimes. Coins are available in 100, 50, 20, 10, 5, 2, and 1 groupings while notes are available in 1000, 500, 200, 100, and 50 dinar denominations. These are widely accepted around the country and it is best to get as much of your money converted as you can. This can be done at the local bank in the city you are visiting, which is usually open from 9 am to 3 pm from Monday to Thursday.
- 1 Euro = 162,82 DZD
- 1 DZD = 0,0061 Euro
- 1 USD = 133,22 DZD
- 1 DZD = 0,0075 USD
- 1 DZD= 0,02 TND
- 1 TND= 48,98 DZD