Undergraduate Students Competition (pdf copy)
About the competition:
The 1st edition of the Undergraduate Students Competition is scheduled to be organized on Thursday, March 25, 2021, in Monastir, Tunisia. This international competition is co-sponsored by the IEEE Solid State Circuits (SSC), Tunisia Chapter; the Philadelphia University, Amman, Jordan; King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia; and the IEEE 18th International Multi-Conference on Systems, Signals and Devices (IEEE SSD’21). The competition is established to recognize outstanding projects and aims to stimulate innovative ideas for applications in topics related to Electrical Engineering and Information Technology.
Details for participation, submissions, and presentations
This competition addresses undergraduate students and teams of students of up to three who completed their Master projects or Senior engineering projects during 2020. To participate in the competition, a student has to submit:
- 4-page project summary in IEEE A4 template (https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html),
- 10 min video presentation which should also include a practical demo of the project at the end of the video.
Submissions should be addressed to: sub.undergrad.SC@gmail.com.
Guidelines concerning video presentation will be provided at: https://ssd-conf.org/undergrad-student-competition/.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed by the Contest Scientific Committee using the following criteria (out of 100): A. Technical content (35); B. Originality (15); C. Project demo (20); D. Presentation (20); E. Video quality (10).
Based on the review results, the 6 best contributions will be short-listed. Respective students (first authors) will be notified by email and should attend, in person or virtual, the one-day contest to present and discuss their projects. The rating of the final presentation will include a 10% (bonus) if the presenter has an accepted paper in the SSD’21.
Certificates and Awards (given to PhD students participants)
- A participation Certificate will be issued to each of the 6 participants of the competition.
- A one-day registration will be granted by the organization committee of IEEE SSD’21 (https://ssd-conf.org/) to each of 6 competition participants. Accommodation fees are not included in the offer.
- A membership of IEEE & SSCS to the three first winners will be offered by IEEE SSC Tunisia Chapter.
- Cash prizes will be awarded to:
– the 1st winner: 500 USD will be offered by King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, KSA,
– the 2nd winner: 300 USD will be offered by the IEEE SSC Tunisia Chapter
– the 3rd winner: 200 USD will be offered by Philadelphia University, Amman, Jordan.
Submission deadline: March 16, 2021.
Notification: March 20, 2021.
If more information is needed, you can contact Prof. Mohamed Derriche at: firstname.lastname@example.org.